Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cafe Ursula


Cafe Ursula
Originally uploaded by Rollofunk.

The original Cafe Ursula is down by the seaside in the Kaivopuisto park, but seems they wanted a more central location too. This one is at the corner of Aleksanterinkatu and Mikonkatu. Good choice. During my (double this time) espresso I was entertained by a pretty professional string quintet playing classical tunes just around the corner. After they finished their set I could listen to a bagpipe playing Amazing Grace from a bit further away. And there was a mime across the street trying to distract me from my book on mobile user interfaces with his antics.

Anyway, the entertainment was there, and luckily, so was the espresso. Good stuff, although doubles tend to get pretty bitter towards the end. The chocolate was the usual Fazer Blue, but it got rid of the aftertaste. All in all, this place is up among my favourites now. Even the chairs were surprisingly comfortable, though they look like something that the Evil Galactic Empire of Star Wars would design.

No comments: