Monday, May 29, 2006

In Flight Entertainment 2


In Flight Entertainment 2
Originally uploaded by Rollofunk.

I've always had some reservations about the old German trams Helsinki City Transportation has been using for about a year now. I mean, they remind me about my childhood, which unfortunately is quite far in the past. Everything retro isn't cool.

Today I was forced to take one, and they actually have a nice feature: Two state of the art screens which show useful information instead of commercials. Traffic info, weather forecasts and so on. The casing isn't maybe the most beautiful there is, but still better than the one the UIAH people had knocked together for their MoA 2006 exhibition promotion tram. If this one was painted with that lovely beige of the wall it might actually blend in nicely.

No comments: